Top Social

Walmart Grocery Delivery Review

Monday 31 July 2017






Hey Guys!
You all know how i love Walmarts grocery pickup service. I have always been curious about grocery delivery and have secretly always wanted to try it. Who doesn't love the appeal of not having to leave your house and having the groceries come to you.  Even though we have cut down on the amount of time that we spend in grocery stores, it is still a process to leave the house. We need to take the dog out, make sure kayden has peed, and of course take some snacks. There are always a few stops on saturday that we need to do, but with grocery pickup we have cut the time in half.

I got an offer from Bzz agent (a word of mouth website) to try out grocery delivery. I always kicked myself for not taking up their offer to do the grocery pick up, so i wasn't going to miss out on this.

The process was similar to grocery pickup. I shopped online in their grocery section. The minimum purchase requirement is the same, $50. They only deliver to a few places, i live about 5 minutes away, so i knew they would be able to bring it to me. They pack it from the closest Walmart to you. They are able to temperature control items, (which i tested out), which is an added bonus.  You pick your time slot and they bring it to you within the hour.

I tested it on a weekend that curtis had taken vacation. I really wanted curtis to enjoy his vacation, and not have to waste a day running around. I booked the time for 11:00 am to noon. It would be right before kayden went down for a nap, so i knew we would all be home. Walmarts grocery pickup is the busiest during the weekends, so i assumed delivery would be the same. There is no better way to test a service, then when they are under pressure/at their busiest.
The delivery man came at 11:21am. He brought the groceries to the door(we live in an apartment) and brought them inside, to the front entrance. He was nice and to the point. My boyfriend was home, so i don't know if they would've brought them to the kitchen if i was alone, as some delivery services do. I purchased pantry items, cold items and toiletries. Everything kept their temperature and arrived in tact. Their temperature control packaging does work. Nothing melted or spoiled during the trip over.

I love this service but without a coupon, i doubt i would use it. $9.97 is expensive, especially when they are 5 minutes away from me. I do see the convenience of this service and realize why so many people use it. I feel this service would come in handy for individuals/couples that work long hours, or families that are on the go.

I would rate this service a 7/10. It would be nice to see then expand to other areas, but i do understand since the items are temperature controlled why they can not deliver to far. The grocery delivery fee is high, it would be nice for them to lower it. In USA it is $5 to deliver and they will bring it to you within the hour. If we can get it to that level it would be perfect.
Post Comment
Post a Comment