Top Social

How to keep on top of cleaning

Monday 29 May 2017
Hey Guys,

People always told me, as Kayden gets older it'll get easier. They couldn't have been more wrong. I am just as exhausted, and busy. I had such a hard time keeping up with the house, that i felt like giving up. I know this seems minor, but lets be honest, how much better do you feel when the house is clean and organized? Exactly.
I needed to figure out how to keep my house livable without adding more to my plate. I decided to have a cleaning schedule. Kayden has his daily chores, so why not me? To be honest, it has made everything easier. Granted my boyfriend does help out and does a scrub down every once in awhile which helps me out a lot.

Monday
This day is all about the bedrooms. I am lucky i only have 2, but it still feels like a lot. In the master bedroom i put all the clothes away that may have accumulated over the weekend. I hang clothes back up in the closest, fold and put away clothes in our drawers.
Twice a month i will wash down the windows and windowsills. Kayden has a table which holds pictures of his family. I will also wipe it down.

Tuesday
On this day i clean the bathroom. This room is the dirtiest in the house and a room i cant hide from. We have guests visiting all the time and with kayden potty training it is in constant use. I wash down the mirrors, counter, sink, cupboards and toilet. Curtis does the bathtub and floors since i have scoliosis, and cant bend over for long.
A few times a month i will clean kaydens toilet seat. Every once in awhile he gets pee in the crevices, so a wipe down ensures there is no dried up pee.

Wednesday
This is my quieter day. This is when i do the living room and entry way. I put away all the extra shoes that have accumulated since monday. I wipe down all our electronics (TV, Xbox, fan) our pictures on the wall, side tables and of course our windowsills.

Thursday
The dreaded kitchen. Everyday i wipe down our counters, stove and cupboards. On thursday i tackle the fridge. Because i reserve friday for leftovers, i like to go through and see what we have. i throw away food that has gone bad and wipe down the fridge. Its great timing as well because we do groceries on saturday so i declutter and reorganize everything a few days before.

Friday
This day is a lazy whatever happens happens kind of day. I don't have a specific room i need to clean. Because i have been cleaning throughout the week the only rooms that need touching up is the master bedroom and bathroom. I tidy up here and there but for the most part everything is in its place.

I use Pine sol to clean because it is an all in one. I love that it disinfects and i can also use it on the floors, counters and sinks. I love having one product to grab instead of hauling around a bunch of different cleaning supplies.
This schedule has made my life much easier. I know what it priority to clean and for the most part, I do keep on top of it. It allows me to do a little hit each day without becoming overwhelmed.
Post Comment
Post a Comment