Top Social

Walmart Grocery Pickup Review

Monday 8 May 2017

Hey Guys,

As a mom to a toddler, i am always trying to find ways to simplify my life. Grocery shopping with a two and half year old can be an amazing experience or one where i want to ditch my cart and just go home. Since we live in an apartment, winter is mostly spent inside since there isnt much outdoor play area for him. Summer is when i like to maximize our time outside, so the less time i spend in the grocery store the better it is for all of us.
I will admit, when i first heard about Walmart's grocery pickup i was hesitant. Grocery pickup and delivery is not big in Canada. While the idea sounded intriguing, i wasn't sure if it was worth the extra few bucks, they charge $3 for this service and $10 to have it delivered to your house. I decided to test it out on a weekend i was busy.
I will say it was easy. I made my grocery list as i would any other week. I signed on to the walmart website and clicked on 'Buy groceries'. The great thing is they organize their groceries by category ( fruits, dairy, bakery etc). It took me less then 30 minutes to shop for everything and put it in my basket. After shopping they do ask if you want to substitute anything. If that item is out of stock in store, you are giving them permission to replace it with another brand. While you are shopping, if you pick an item that they are going to ship to your house (because the store doesn't carry it) they will notify you immediately.
You then pick the date and time slot that you want to pick up your groceries. All the time slots are an hour long, which gives you plenty of time to pick up your groceries. They do have an order minimum of $50 before taxes. You do need a credit card/debit credit to use this service. You go to the designated grocery pickup area, call the number listed and let them know which parking spot you are in.
They pack your groceries about an hour before your pickup time. After they have packed it, they will send you an email notifying you of any substitutions and at that time they will charge your credit card.

I love how easy and convenient this service is. I love being able to shop when I have free time. I don't have to worry about navigating the busy aisles and then standing in line, for however long. In the summertime we are busy running around, having people over and attending events. Whatever time we can spend at home relaxing, the better. They Pack your groceries an hour before which ensures that it is fresh. Don't worry, if you have ordered cold/frozen items they do have a fridge/freezer to store it till you come. The employees cone out within minutes of you calling, and are extremely polite. They do an excellent job bagging your groceries as well.

I don't like that their home delivery service costs $10, which is why i haven't opted to have the groceries delivered to my home. I hope canada realizes how convenient grocery delivery is, and reduces the cost. For now, i will continue to do grocery pickup at the store during my busy weekends.
Post Comment
Post a Comment