Top Social

Strawberry Shortcake Cake pops

Tuesday 26 July 2016
Hey Guys!

Over the weekend I had a few people over, and one of the items we ate was strawberry shortcake cake pops. This was my first time making cake pops and strawberry shortcake so I was a bit nervous. I made a few mistakes so I will be sure to add little tid bits to ensure this doesnt happen to you!

Ingredients
Pound cake ( I baked one myself, but you can always buy one)
Vanilla Icing
1 lb of strawberries
White chocolate
Lollipop Sticks

Steps
Crumble up your pound cake. I baked mine the night before to save me some time
Mix in 12 oz of icing. I did 16 oz and I felt I could have added a little more, so I suggest buying extra icing.
Cut strawberries into small pieces (I thought my pieces were small, but I suggest chopping them up as finely as you can) Fold strawberries into batter
Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden up
Grab a tray (cookie sheet) and place wax paper on top. Roll the mix into small balls(  I made mine way to big, I would suggest making them the same size balls as small cookies)
Place stick in the middle of the ball
Place in freezer for at least 1 hr but max 3
Melt white chocolate on stove top. My friend taught me a trick, where you put the stove on low heat and it will slowly melt. Stir periodically to ensure it doesn't stick to the pot.
Dip the Cake pops into the white chocolate and place on wax paper and stick in the fridge until it hardens.

I will say they were Delicious. They were hard on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. Mine aren't aesthetically pleasing but I learned along the way. I had issues with my sticks staying in, which has to do with the fact that I could've added more icing to make it stick better, and my strawberries were way to big as well as my cake pops.
I hope you all try this recipe soon!




Post Comment
Post a Comment