Top Social

Why Intermittent Fasting Isn't for me

Friday 15 July 2016
Hey Guys!

I kept hearing about intermittent fasting, from youtubers and the Internet, so I decided to check it out for myself. Like most people, I am trying to loose weight and thought this would be a great solution. It seemed like it would work for my lifestyle, I could still drink liquids, water, coffee with 2 tsp milk and bone broth. I have limited my snacking at night, so I am done eating by 8pm. I figured 16 hour fast would be easy. For those that don't know, the basics are, you skip one meal a day (based on 16 hour fast). You don't eat less food, you just eat bigger meals. For instance, if you are on a 1500 calorie diet, you would divide that between 2 meals and potentially 2 snacks. I heard a lot of youtubers say that it was easy for them since they wernt hungry in the morning, and I usually don't get hungry till 10am in the morning, so I thought an extra 2 hours wouldn't be a big deal.
Intermittent fasting is not for me. I was miserable. I'm the type of person that needs her breakfast, and im not about to give up dinner and an after workout snack since I workout at night. I was starving in the morning, and awful to be around. I don't necessarily need to eat right away, but to go all the way till noon without food was unbearable. I tried for over a week to do it but all I wanted to do was sit down and wait for noon to hit. Being a mother, this was not practical. I am constantly running around, and I would eat when Kayden ate, to make my day run smoother. There are many health benefits to IF, which is why I really wanted to get on the bandwagon.
I know it takes a while to adjust, but we went out for breakfast yesterday as a family, and I had so much more energy and felt satisfied. That in itself was enough to let me know IF is a no go. I was seeing results which is why giving up on IF was such a struggle for me. My stomach had gone down and my clothes were fitting better. The only downside, I was really sick, I wasn't sitting in bed with the flu, but rather I was in the bathroom. Yes I was running constantly because I was constipated and I was gassy. It brought back to many memories of struggling to go. I was at my parents house at one point and had the worst pain underneath my belly. I had the feeling like my bladder was full and I was holding it in, and the pain stayed for 2 day, until I started to eat properly. Whatever was happening to my body wasn't worth it. I would recommend for everyone to try it, and see how your body adjusts, but listen to your body. I use to do fasted cardio, and that was quite easy for me. Granted about an hour or so later I did need to eat, but that was a lot easier on my body.
Post Comment
Post a Comment