Top Social

Fitness on a Budget

Saturday 11 June 2016
Hey Guys!

We have all started something in life, and haven't followed through with it. One of the most common goals people break has to do with working out. I will admit, when I started working out, I didn't want to invest any money into it. What was the point? Who knew how long I would be on this health kick for anyways. As time went on, I realized this was something I was going to stick to, so I decided to invest in some budget friendly items.

1. Workout Clothes
We all know lululemon is a craze, but I don't have $100 to shell out on pants, Thankfully, there are other companies that are a lot more budget friendly. One of the first places I went to was Walmart. Honestly, their workout pants lasted me 3-4 years. I was in love with them, they fit snug, they were thin, but not to thin. It was a great way to introduce workout clothes for myself. Once I moved in with my boyfriend, I invested in some more pieces, and purchased some items from old navy. They have amazing shorts and pants. I will warn you though, they have a lining in their shorts that look like panty lines, which is the only downside of them. You can purchase items for under $20 and I purchased them 4 years ago, and they are still good.

2. Gym Membership
I have never invested in a gym. It has nothing to do with the price, but more along the lines of what is convenient for myself. I have a gym in my apartment, which has basic equipment. If you have access to a gym like that, I do recommend using that gym if it meets your needs, keep in mind it is basic, and usually small. For me I would go during times that it wasn't busy, but as life progressed I wasn't always able to have that luxury. I do at home workouts, which is free! I have a place in my home where I have tons of space, I get my privacy and I can choose my own music/shows to watch. There are a lot of gyms that are available that offer reasonable memberships. If you are just starting out, I would recommend going to a gym that isn't to expensive, that way you aren't investing to much money or wasting a lot of money if you don't end up sticking with it.

3. Gym Equipment
When I was living with my parents they had a treadmill, and a few weights. Honestly that is all I needed. I would do cardio, work some weights into there, and did a lot of strength buiilding workouts. It worked well for me. I personally do not beleive that you need a lot of machines if you are doing a basic workout. But if you are to invest in something, I would suggest weights or a kettlebell. There is so much you can do with this one piece of equipment, and I honestly beleive, that weight training can do a lot for your body 

4. Pinterest
 This has been a life saver for me. I love Pinterest when it comes to at home workouts. You can find exercises for every body part, with different intensitys. One of the things I also love, is the fact that you can pick from one's that use equipment or without. Pinterest has completely changed the way I workout, and yes, you do see results! I was shocked to see how easy it was. This is such a great option if you can't afford a gym or if you don't have the time to go to one. I have also heard that youtube has great videos online, but I haven't checked those out for myself.

5. My Fitness Pal
This app is amazing!! I have used this many times in my life. It is free, and you can get it on any device, apple, android and blackberry. You record what you ate, how much water you drank and the exercise you did that day. Upon starting you do put in your height, wight, gender etc. They will give you a reccomendation on how many calories you should consume based on what your goal is, but you can alter it yourself. It is a good way to monitor what youhave been eating as well as educating yourself about your food choices. A few years ago, it really helped me take ownership of the 'bad' food choices I was making.


 
Post Comment
Post a Comment