Top Social

Beauty on a Budget

Thursday 30 June 2016
Hey Guys!

While I love my brand name makeup products, you can find a lot of amazing deals at your local pharmacy/grocery store. Yes that's right, at many grocery stores you can buy makeup as well. I am going to go through all of my beauty favs that are at an amazing price point.

Foundation: Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse
This was my holy grail foundation for my last year of high school and university. I loved this product. It blended easily, it was a great price and it didn't settle into my dry areas. Another thing I loved, was it matched my skin perfectly. I have been thinking about going back to it for an everyday foundation. I am sure you all are wondering why did I switch. I wanted something that lasted longer on my skin. Little did I know about primer's, and how much that helped. I switched over to a department store makeup, and it worked great without a primer and setting spray so I just stuck with it.

Mascara: L'oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara
I heard about this mascara from a youtuber, and she was raving about it. She said it worked better then any department store mascara that she used. I picked it up, and while it was pricier then my normal mascara, I forked out the cash. Let me tell you, I have tried other mascara's since, and I have not been satisfied. I love big lashes, and I get that effect in one coat. Of course I am crazy so I go in with two. I fell in love instantly, other mascaras don't give me the full effect, and I feel that I need a lot more coats with other brands.

Eyeshadow
Drugstore eyeshadows have really stepped up their game. I have tried many brands, but my favorite by far is Hard Candy. I discovered them about 2-3 years ago during the holidays. I was looking for new eye shadows. and I love neutrals, so I found a fun pallet. I love sparkle as well, I feel as though it really brightens up my eyes, and makes me look more awake. I am so satisfied with this brand. I have 2 pallets from them, and they are my go-to's . Their pigmentation is amazing, and they last the whole day. I have worn them in the heat, and it doesn't budge. They are an affordable brand, which I love, and I can do so many looks with their shadows.

Lipstick
L'oreal and Revlon are my favorite lipstick brands. I didn't care to much for L'oreal mostly because of the scent that their lipsticks have, but I decided to try their line that was inspired by celebrities. They have a line of neutrals and red's. I can't get enough of their neutral line. They have great staying power, I had my lipstick on today for 6 hours before I wiped it off. I love Revlon's version of Clinique chubby sticks. I only have one color but I am in love with it. It is so moisturizing, it feels like a lip balm. The only reason I have one color is because they are always sold out! They are always in demand and my store can't keep up with it.

Primer: Maybelline New York Age Perfecting Primer
This is my holy grail. It is a gel formula, and glides perfectly on your skin. I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes, and put my foundation on top. I love the staying power my foundation has after applying it. The price has gone up from what it use to be, but it is still very reasonably priced.

Nail Polish- Sally Hansen Insta-dri
I am obsessed with this product, and I recommend this to everyone. Whether you are a mom, on the go, or just to busy, this nail polish is perfect. They have a wide range of colors, and you can have your nails painted in minutes. I love that I don't have to sit around and waste my evening painting my nails, and their color payoff is amazing!


Post Comment
Post a Comment